The LEARN (Lifestyle Exercise Attitudes Relationships Nutrition) Program for Weight Management is a 12-week program for anyone who wants to learn to eat healthier and lose weight. Taught by a registered dietitian (RD), LEARN teaches nutrition education and behavior modification. The class meets once a week for an hour.
This program follows the book The Learn Program for Weight Management, by Kelly D. Brownell, PhD. Based on years of research by behavioral scientists, LEARN is one of the most widely used weight loss manuals.
Through LEARN, people explore their unique habits, gain skills to overcome barriers to weight loss and get tools for changing diet and lifestyle. The small group setting provides a supportive and encouraging atmosphere.
Key Topics of LEARN
- Listening to your natural hunger cues
- Coping with lapse and preventing relapse
- Creative ways to stay motivated
- Dealing with pressures to eat
- Family and relationships
- Guidelines for setting reasonable weight loss goals
- Helpful tips for eating away from home
- How attitude can affect weight loss
- Information about body image and weight maintenance
- Multiple weight change records to track progress
- Quality of life self-assessments
- $250 or
- $225 if paid in full by the first session (10 percent discount)
- OSU insurance holders are eligible for up to 50 percent reimbursement of the cost of the class