Choosing a physician for yourself or a loved one is a very important decision. To ensure that you are able to receive the highest quality health care, here are some guidelines that you should consider when selecting a physician:
What hospital(s) is the doctor affiliated with?
- Is the physician board certified?
- What is the reputation of the medical school and residency programs he/she completed?
- How many years of experience does he/she have?
- Has he/she been recognized by peers?
Doctors who are affiliated with Ohio State's Medical Center have the benefit of staying up-to-date on the “latest” technologies and therapies available at academic medical centers, months, sometimes years ahead of other hospitals.
The performance of OSU Medical Center and our physicians is also measured through national rankings including:
- U.S. News & World Report (among the nation’s best in many specialties)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Scorecard (96 % score based on health care indicators, such as quality).
To help you find a physician, please use these links:
For help in finding an Ohio State doctor, call for a physician referral at 614-293-5123 or 800-293-5123.