Top 10 for Quality Care
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, OH has been awarded the University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) Quality Leadership Award and ranked #8 in UHC's 2013 Quality and Accountability Study. The Quality and Accountability Study analyzed data from 101 academic medical centers in the United States.
While there are a variety of hospital and healthcare rankings, the UHC Quality Leadership Award is different because it is based exclusively on publicly reported data. That means it is based on outcomes – not simply popularity or reputation.
The UHC report ranks hospital systems based on performance in the areas of mortality, effectiveness, safety, equity, patient centeredness and efficiency.
The 2013 winners:
- NYU Langone Medical Center, New York
- Emory University Hospital, Georgia
- Emory University Hospital Midtown, Georgia
- Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
- Rush University Medical Center, Illinois
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Fletcher Allen Health Care, Vermont
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Ohio
- University of Utah Health Care, Utah
- University of Colorado Hospital, Colorado
Video: How We Are Transforming Health Care Across the Region
Connect with a doctor at Ohio State or
share this healthy buckeye tip with a friend.