"Focus on Health and Wellness: Life Choices"
Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012
Veterans Memorial Auditorium
300 W. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Check-in begins at 7 a.m. / Program starts at 8 a.m.
This event is FREE and open to the public. Online registration is now closed.
To register, you can can call 614-273-1400 until 3 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16.
After Friday, you MUST register on-site from 7-8 a.m. at Veterans Memorial on Saturday, Nov. 17,
Lunch will be served to all registered attendees. Parking is free of charge.
Celebrity guests Dominique Wilkins, NBA Hall of Fame legend and Vice President of Basketball for Atlanta Hawks and Oscar Joyner, President and Chief Operating Officer of REACH Media, Inc. (Tom Joyner Morning Show, BlackAmericaWeb.com) will speak on their personal battles with diabetes and successful management of this disease.
Why you should attend:
- Get free diabetes and related screenings (BP, eye check, foot care, etc.)
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Exercise classes that prove combating diabetes can be fun and active
- Celebrity testimonials
- Panel discussions and workshops on obesity, multicultural care, prevention, education and management
Physicians and nationally renowned diabetes experts will discuss:
- How personalized health care and genetic testing can prevent and improve diabetes care
- The important role ethnicity, age and gender play in the diagnosis, treatment and management of diabetes
- What new prevention, education and treatment options are available
Join us Saturday, Nov. 17 from to learn more about what you can do to prevent or lessen the impact of this disease on you and your loved ones.
FOUR EASY WAYS TO REGISTER:
1. Register online: Go to the top of the page and click "REGISTER NOW!" button
2. Call 614-273-1400 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
3. Print and fax GDS Community registration brochure.pdf to 614-273-1401
4. Print and mail GDS Community registration brochure.pdf to:
Global Diabetes Summit Community Event
C/O Garriston and Associates, Inc.
4920 Reed Road - Suite B
Columbus, Ohio 43220
Diabetes’ footprint is slowly growing across the Columbus community. Despite the rise in diabetes, we can all do our part to stop this epidemic.
For more information about the Global Diabetes Summit Community Event, please contact Wanda Dillard, co-chair, at Wanda.Dillard@osumc.edu or 614-293-5972.