The Ohio State University Medical Center Respiratory Therapy Department will present the Current Concepts in Respiratory Care (CCRC) conference on Friday, March 8, 2013. This conference takes place at the Aladdin Shrine Center 3850 Stelzer Road in Columbus, Ohio. We attract more than 800 respiratory therapists, nurses and physicians from Ohio and surrounding regions to this conference yearly. This conference has attracted the largest presence of respiratory care professionals in the state of Ohio.
As the title of the educational conference suggests, it is the mission of the CCRC planning committee to provide educational content that is cutting edge and includes the most recent advances in respiratory care. This includes sharing completed and ongoing research, evidence-based practice and updates that directly impact the care of critically ill patients.
- Identify and troubleshoot the areas where we can improve communication among members of the ICU team.
- Understand professional ethics, the law and how it relates to ethics, ethical principles, ethical dilemmas, and methods utilized to resolve the dilemmas.
- Understand the physiologic rationale of when it is appropriate to intubate or extubate a patient.
- Understand the surgical management of emphysema.
- Discuss the unique challenges in using positive pressure ventilation in COPD.
- Understand the important basic pathophysiologic pathways of PPHN
- Describe the significance of sleep apnea in the obese population and importance of treatment and compliance prior to surgery.
- Discover the generational influences on healthcare: patient and peer interactions.
Cost and Registration
The cost of the conference is $55 and $25 for student respiratory therapists. Brochures will be mailed out in January 2013. Registration for this conference begins January 2013 by mailing in a check or online by credit card using the buttons above. Deadline for registration is February 15 or when seating capacity is met. The brochure can be found here.
Please click on the links to the left for more information or contact Andrea Yagodich or Amanda Zeid at 614-293-3663 or email@example.com.
Note: No Nursing CEUs will be provided this year.