The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Nurse Residency Program offers the unique opportunity for newly hired, new-graduate nurses to successfully transition from students to professionals. As a new graduate, you will need to apply, be interviewed and hired to a staff nurse position in order to participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
All new-graduate nurses participate in the year-long AACN-UHC Nurse Residency Program, which is designed to increase their confidence, autonomy and satisfaction while guiding them beyond the advanced beginner role through support of professional development and leadership abilities.
Monthly seminars include:
- Transformational Leadership and Teamwork
- Management of Care Delivery
- Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Ethical Decision Making
- Medication Management
- Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Cultural Competence
- Clinical Case Studies
- Stress Management
- Pain Management
- End-of-Life Care
- Communication within the Healthcare Team
- Nurse Sensitive Quality Indicators
Terry Sikora, MSN, MA, RN, at (614) 293-9748, Teresa.Sikora@osumc.edu.