Providing for the health and well-being of people is what we do at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Equally important is providing for the health and well-being of our employees. As part of The Ohio State University, we're pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes traditional insurance-based benefits, state retirement options, free OSU tuition and access to world-class cultural, sporting and exercise facilities and events. All benefits begin the first day of employment. Below you will find an overview of the benefits offered for eligible faculty and staff.
- A variety of health insurance options, all with prescription coverage, that provide affordable coverage for individuals and families
- Competitive dental and vision coverage with access to in-network and out-of-network providers
- Choice of two public employee retirement plans in lieu of Social Security to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays, a minimum of 10 days vacation and 15 ill days
- 100 percent paid tuition assistance to The Ohio State University for all employees – up to $6,000 per quarter or $9,000 per semester; 50 percent tuition assistance for dependents – up to $3,000 per quarter or $4,500 per semester
- 100 percent paid life insurance equal to 2-1/2 times your annual salary, plus additional coverage available at a special group rate
- Short- and long-term disability coverage options
- Paid parental leave – six weeks for a birth mother and three weeks for a father (based on 100 percent full-time equivalency)
- On-campus child care
- Adoption assistance – up to $4,000 per child*
- Tobacco-free facilities
- Wellness programs, including acupuncture, massage therapy and weight management
- Flexible spending, direct deposit and credit union accounts
*The Ohio State University has recently been recognized one of Ohio's top ten Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces.
- Enjoy your career in an academic teaching hospital located on the largest university campus in the country
- Take advantage of access to University facilities and events, including libraries, museums, sporting and cultural events and exercise facilities
- In addition to your traditional benefits, utilize the Extra Perks that are available to you as part of your employment with The Ohio State University
For complete details of our benefits plans, visit www.hr.osu.edu/benefits.