A Tradition of Excellence
Leaders in Sports Injury Research
- Newly opened state-of-the-art research facility for developing, validating and advancing the most cutting-edge injury prevention and performance enhancement programs. This 1500-square-foot facility is designed to simulate real-life sports environments such as a pitcher’s mound, golfing tee box, batting cage or running track.
- Sports Medicine faculty and staff are involved in numerous multi-center studies, grants, national and international presentations and ongoing publications.
- Partnership with the School of Allied Medical Professions to offer an American Physical Therapy Association-accredited clinical residency program for physical therapists interested in pursuing a career in Sports Physical Therapy.
The Ohio State University has a long, well-known tradition of excellence and achievement in athletics. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Department of Sports Medicine has taken that same method to patient care by offering a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach to the prevention and treatment of injuries in athletes and active individuals. Our staff understand the unique needs of athletes at all levels and deliver the competitive advantage they desire.
Winning Patient Care Programs
- OSU Sports Medicine Center has established a Sports Concussion Program, which offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to evaluating and managing concussions and returning athletes to activity.
- Partnership with YMCA of Central Ohio offers patient care to athletes at six different therapy sites throughout the Columbus Metro Area.
- We serve as the official sports medicine provider for Columbus Public Schools, BalletMet, Ohio Premier Girls Soccer Club and Columbus State Community College.
- Highly experienced and credentialed staff include the only board certified sports physical therapists in central Ohio and dual-credentialed therapists.
- Critical Care Performance and Injury Prevention programs include ACLS injury prevention, Arthritis in Active People, Asthma in Athletes, Program for the Performing Arts and Endurance Athlete Program.
Learn more about Sports Medicine Therapy career opportunities by e-mailing email@example.com or searching through a list of current openings.