One of the Best
- Nationally ranked one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in multiple specialties in U.S. News & World Report for 16 consecutive years, including four consecutive years for the treatment of respiratory disorders
- Setting the standard for high-quality, cost-effective care through leading-edge research, treatment and education
Respiratory therapists play a vital role in patient care at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, providing treatment to patients ranging from premature newborns to geriatrics. Because of Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center’s diverse healthcare environment and broad-based patient community, our therapists have the opportunity to concentrate their skills in the venue that best suits their own interests and abilities.
- Work with state-of-the-art technology, leading-edge respiratory therapy data information systems and the most technologically advanced ventilator systems
- Provide nitric-oxide therapy and are involved in A-line placements.
- Each Intensive Care Unit at OSU has an on-site whole blood analyzer, making it possible to analyze results quickly and efficiently
Unique and Varied Opportunities
- The Richard M Ross Heart Hospital provides the opportunity to work with critically ill patients and expand skill sets in a cardiac care setting
- Challenging, engaging work ranges from treating premature infants whose lungs are not fully developed to working with geriatric patients
- Actively participate in research that leads to new developments and protocols in an environment where therapist-driven protocols are the norm
- Continuing education opportunities are routinely offered to respiratory therapists throughout the year
- Staff members are encouraged to attend the new Fundamentals of Critical Care Support educational program created by the Society for Critical Medicine. This intensive two-day course includes physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists and covers all aspects of ICU care
- The Clinical Ladder Program financially compensates individuals who demonstrate their commitment to clinical excellence, as well as provides opportunities for advancement
- Clinical awards for professional excellence are based on peer recommendations
There is also an opportunity to contribute to the future of the respiratory professions. Our Respiratory Department is affiliated with the School of Allied Medical Professions as a clinical site for respiratory students.
Learn more about respiratory therapy career opportunities by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or searching through a list of current openings.