Our emphasis on excellence in clinical service directly impacts and supports improvements in patient care, patient safety, cost containment and the education of other healthcare professionals. Learn more about Pharmacy career opportunities at Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center by e-mailing email@example.com or searching through a list of current openings.
As a pharmacist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, you will be involved in developing and administering pharmaceutical systems that provide consummate patient safety and care. Our pharmacists play an integral role in the selection of medications, patient counseling and evaluation and consultation with physicians and nurses in solving medication problems. You'll work with investigational protocols and play a supporting role in research and developing criteria for medication use.
Nationally Recognized in Patient Care and Education
- Opportunities for mentorship and education ─ Our close relationship with the College of Pharmacy allows interaction with both PharmD students and Pharmacy Practice Residents.
- Nationally recognized clinical specialists and residents ─ The College of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmacy strive to develop the best clinical specialists and provide a residency program that is recognized nationally for the quality and excellence of its graduates.
- Residency accreditation programs ─ ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency program is offered through the Hospitals, and ASHP-accredited Specialty Residency Programs in conjunction with The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy are offered.
- Involvement in a wide variety of services ─ Our clinical specialists have the opportunity to become involved with cardiology, nephrology/transplantation, hematology/oncology, bone marrow transplant, critical care, internal medicine, nutritional support/surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, neonatal intensive care, women’s health, pain management/palliative care, infectious disease and drug information.
- Collaborative working environment ─ Our specialists are widely respected professionals who round with their respective services daily and are involved with pharmacokinetic drug monitoring, medication utilization evaluations, chart documentation, antibiotic utilization reviews, teaching and research.