The Ohio State University Board of Trustees proudly announces
The Ohio State University Medical Center will be called
Wexner Medical Center At The Ohio State University.
A historic recognition for a visionary leader.
To anyone who’s been involved with The Ohio State University these past thirty years, Les Wexner’s contributions are no secret. He has led the University’s Board of Trustees for many years, while contributing his vision, time, and resources. Through his example, he has inspired many others to do the same. His goal for the University has been consistent from the very beginning: Ohio State should, and must, be a top ten public University. He has set that standard. And he has personally stepped up to it. Consider:
- Les Wexner, his family, and his affiliates, have committed over $200 million to The Ohio State University to date.
- His most recent $100 million pledge was the largest in the University’s history.
- His direct efforts have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in additional University funding.
- He’s served the Board of Trustees for 16 years. Twice as chairman.
- He’s made very significant donations to The Wexner Center for the Arts, The Ohio State Wexner Jewish Center, and The Wexner Football Complex at The Woody Hayes Athletic Facility.
- He has been heavily involved in The Fisher College of Business, The Moritz College of Law, Medicine, and The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
- He has literally touched every facet of this great University. But for Les Wexner, Ohio State would not be where it is today.
So there can be no better place to acknowledge his efforts than our nationally acclaimed Medical Center, where a $1.1 billion Cancer Hospital and Critical Care Tower are now under construction. Les earmarked much of his latest $100 million donation for the Medical Center. He said he hoped it would help our world class physicians and researchers “find a cure for cancer in our time.”
It’s a lofty goal. But Les has always had lofty goals for Ohio State, and he’s led us all to achieve them through his efforts and example. Les, the Board of Trustees of The Ohio State University, the administration, the faculty, the staff, our 64,000 students, and 500,000 alumni thank you.